Mineral Rights, Deeds and Liens with Adam Stricker 2(CE)
352 Lake Dillon Dr.
Dillon, CO 80435
Registration: 9:30 AM – 10:10 AM
Instructor: Adam Stricker
Refreshments Provided By: Stewart Title
352 Lake Dillon Dr
Dillon. CO 80435
Free for SAR Members
Course Description: Mineral Rights, Deeds and Liens 2(CE)
Surface Owners VS. Mineral Owners, Who Wins? 1(CE)
- Determining if mineral rights have been severed from the surface rights. If severed, who owns the mineral rights?
- Summary of Colorado law regarding extent of rights of an owner of mineral rights.
- Regulations regarding oil and gas ope rat ions in Colorado, including the COGCC.
- Surface Use Agreements.
- Discussion of drilling, fracking and producing regarding oil and gas.
Colorado Deeds and Liens 1(CE)
- Review the forms of deeds that commonly are used in Colorado: What are the differences among these deed forms?
- Why are the differences important?
- Why does the title company prepare some kinds of deeds but not all kinds of deeds?
- Other forms of deeds: Beneficiary Deeds, Personal Representative Deeds, Trustee's Deeds, Confirmation Deeds, and Grant Deeds (not an approved form in Colorado).
- Deeds of Trust and Mortgages are voluntary liens.
- Judgment Liens, Tax
Course Instructor: Adam Stricker, Underwriting Counsel, Stewart Title Guaranty Company